All parents/Guardians must familiarise themselves with the following club rules:
Dropping Off & Collecting Your Child
On arrival to Tilbury Hall please bring you child/children around the path on the left side of the hall (if coming from the carpark) and drop them off directly at the main hall doors.
You must drop off and collect your child on time. If your child is going home with another child/ other family member the coaches must be informed to ensure safe disposal. We must have written proof from parents either by text or email if there is a change in who exactly is collecting the child.
Vehicles are parked in the carpark at the owner’s risk. Vehicles should never obstruct entrances or exits; you cannot park within the yellow line marked area. Double parking is not permitted. Only vehicles with a blue badge that is displayed clearly may use the 2 designated disabled bays. If there are no spaces available when you arrive, please leave the car park and find alternative parking on the road. Please be advised that there is a second entrance into the hall via a pathway from Mount Grace Road.
Smoking and the taking of illegal substances is prohibited on the entire premises. In the warmer months if parents decide to wait outside on the grass by the hall, you must be respectful. Do not leave any litter and leave the area how you found it. Under absolutely no circumstances may anyone use the fenced off playground located outside the hall, this is strictly for use of the nursey only.
The warm up is an essential part of your child’s training. At preschool age it is important that your child focuses and mentally prepares for training. The pulse raiser and stretching is compulsory to prevent injury. The warm up is specifically designed to do this. Flexibility and strength are vital to acquire more skills and more importantly prevent injury. Your child may be refused participation if they are consistently or very late. If you arrive and you have missed the whole warm up you will be sent home. It is inconsiderate to the other participants and the coaches to disrupt their warm up, which in preschool is often themed. Please arrive early and have your child prepared for the session 5 minutes before it begins.
Waiting On Site
With the current covid situation, parents are not allowed to wait inside the premises throughout the duration of the session. Please sit outside in your car if you cannot go home or wait outside if the weather is suitable. The management staff of Tilbury Hall have very kindly agreed that in special circumstances a parent will be able to wait in the foyer. This is will only be allowed if the following rules are strictly adhered to, if they are not, we will have to retract this opportunity and no parents will be allowed on site at all. Alternatively, we could look at increasing subs next term and hiring the adjacent small hall as a waiting room for parents.
– All adults (over the age of 18) must sign in and out by filling out the required information in the book found on the table in the foyer.
– You must wear a face covering at all times if you are inside the premises.
– If you have any other children with you, you must supervise them at all times, do not let them run around or touch anything.
– You must keep the volume minimal at all times.
– Anyone waiting inside is strictly prohibited from roaming anywhere else in the building besides the toilets.
– No food and drink may be consumed at any time while in the foyer.
– You must make sure the space left exactly how you found it when you arrived, do not leave any litter and put back any chairs that you may have used.
Gymnasts are reminded to keep any outdoor shoes off of the matting due to hygiene reasons.
If your child will be absent for a longer than two weeks please inform the club that you wish their space to be held or we will presume it is no longer required.
Parents are not allowed to take photos/videos of your child/children training. This is part of British Gymnastics policy for Safeguarding Children. The reason for this is because the photo could have other children in the background. If you would like to photograph your child with a medal or certificate for example, please inform a coach and we can take them to the side so you can photograph them, perhaps on equipment, with no other gymnasts in the background
Fire exits should never be obstructed, and firefighting equipment must never be moved or interfered with. When collecting/dropping off your children from the back entrance of the hall, please bear in mind that these doors are a fire exit and make sure that they are not obstructed.
In the event of an emergency if you are inside the premises, you must evacuate immediately and congregate at the fire assembly point (Either in the main car park or outside the hut building located behind the hall.) All gymnasts will be escorted by the coaches to the assembly point at the back of the building, do not enter the building or try to find your child and take them separately from the group.
Codes Of Conduct
To ensure we provide the highest levels of safety and quality in all our classes, we expect all club Members, Parents/Gaurdians and L&B Staff follow the below Codes of Conduct.
Leaps & Bounds Gymnastics Club Standards of Conduct for Club Parents and Guardians
All parents/ guardians must:-
- Encourage your child to learn the rules and participate within them.
- Discourage challenging / arguing with coaches.
- Publicly accept officials’ judgements.
- Pay any fees for training on time and before deadlines.
- Help your child to recognise good performance and the achievement. of personal excellence, not competition results.
- Set a good example by recognising good sportsmanship and applauding the good performances of all.
- Not display threatening or intimidating behaviour towards Leapz & Boundz Club gymnasts, staff, volunteers or other parent/guardians
- Never force your child to take part in sport.
- Always ensure your child is dressed appropriately for the activity and has plenty to drink.
- Keep the club informed if your child is ill or unable to attend sessions.
- Endeavour to establish good communications with the club, coaches and officials for the benefit of all.
- Share any concerns or complaints about any aspect of the club
- through the approved channels.
- Use correct and proper language at all times.
- Never punish or belittle a child for poor performance or making mistakes.
- Always collect your child promptly at the end of a session.
- Support your child’s involvement and help them to enjoy their sport.
- Follow all guidelines laid down by BG and Leapz & Bounds Gymnastics Club.
Leaps & Bounds Gymnastics Club Standards of Conduct for Participants
As a member of Leaps & Bounds Gymnastics Club you are expected to abide by the following club rules:-
- All gymnasts must participate within the rules and respect coaches, judges and their decisions.
- All gymnasts must respect fellow club members.
- Gymnasts should keep to agreed timings for training or inform their coach, if they are going to be late missing the warm up will result in non participation.
- Gymnasts must wear suitable attire for training. Please refer to the dress code for more information.
- Gymnasts must not smoke, consume alcohol or take drugs of any kind before, during or after a class.
- Gymnasts should treat all equipment with respect.
- Gymnasts must inform the head coach of any injuries or illness they may have before the warm-up begins.
- Gymnasts should not eat or chew gum during a session.
- Gymnasts must not use bad language.
- Gymnasts will not display threatening or intimidating behaviour.
- towards other members, Leaps & Bounds Gymnastics Club staff, volunteers or parent/guardians.
- Gymnasts should remain with coaches at the end of a session until collected by their parent or guardian.
Leaps & Bounds Gymnastics Club Standards of Conduct for Club Coaches.
The essence of good ethical conduct and practice is summarised below. All Club Coaches must:-
- Consider the well-being and safety of participants before the development of performance.
- Develop an appropriate working relationship with gymnasts based on mutual trust and respect.
- Hold the appropriate, valid qualifications and insurance cover.
- Make sure all activities are appropriate to the age, ability and experience of those taking part and ensure all participants are suitably prepared physically and mentally when learning new skills.
- Display consistently high standards of behaviour and appearance, dressing suitably and not using inappropriate language at any time whilst involved with club activities.
- Not display threatening or intimidating behaviour towards gymnasts, parents/guardians, other staff or volunteers.
- Never consume alcohol immediately before or during training.
- Obtain prior agreement from the parent/guardian of gymnasts before transporting them anywhere (training/competitions).
- Never exert undue influence over gymnasts to obtain personal benefit or reward.
- Always report any incidents, referrals or disclosures immediately, following the appropriate guidelines set out in the British Gymnastics Safeguarding and Protecting Children Policy.
- Never condone rule violations or use of prohibited substances.
- Make sure that confidential information is not divulged unless with the express approval of the individual concerned.
- Promote the positive aspects of the sport (e.g. fair play).
- Encourage gymnasts to value their performances and achievement of personal excellence.
- Follow all guidelines laid down by BG and Leaps & Bounds Gymnastics Club.