All parents/Guardians must familiarise themselves with the following club rules:
The warm up is an essential part of your child’s training. At preschool age it is important that your child focuses and mentally prepares for training. The pulse raiser and stretching is compulsory to prevent injury. The warm up is specifically designed to do this. Flexibility and strength are vital to acquire more skills and more importantly prevent injury. Your child may be refused participation if they are consistently or very late. If you arrive and you have missed the whole warm up you will be sent home. It is inconsiderate to the other participants and the coaches to disrupt their warm up, which in preschool is often themed. Please arrive early and have your child prepared for the session 5 minutes before it begins.
Parents are welcome to wait in the other hall for the duration of the session. Chairs are available from the cupboard however it is expected that they are all put away after use. Parents/ children are not allowed to use the kitchen or any of the items in the cupboards and draws.
Please keep an eye on your children at all times, children are not allowed to play on the school’s piano or anything else that may be out. You are welcome to use the bathroom just please do not flush the green paper towels down the toilet as it will block it. This hall must be left clean and tidy and exactly how it was found.
Parents and gymnasts are both reminded to keep any outdoor shoes off of the matting due to hygiene reasons.
If your child will be absent for a longer than two weeks please inform the club that you wish their space to be held or we will presume it is no longer required.
Staying On Site
All parents of preschool children must remain on the premises during training, for health and safety reasons. It is not the responsibility and is against British gymnastics rules for coaches to accompany children to the toilet. Parents of general gymnasts do not need to stay on site unless their child needs to be accompanied to the toilet.
Parents are not allowed to take photos/videos of your child/children training. This is part of British Gymnastics policy for Safeguarding Children. The reason for this is because the photo could have other children in the background. If you would like to photograph your child with a medal or certificate for example, please inform a coach and we can take them to the side so you can photograph them, perhaps on equipment, with no other gymnasts in the background
Dropping Off & Collecting Your Child
You must drop off and collect your child on time. If your child is going home with another child/ other family member the coaches must be informed to ensure safe disposal. We must have written proof from parents either by text or email if there is a change in who exactly is collecting the child.
Codes Of Conduct
To ensure we provide the highest levels of safety and quality in all our classes, we expect all club Members, Parents/Gaurdians and L&B Staff follow the below Codes of Conduct.
Leapz & Bounds Gymnastics Club Standards of Conduct for Club Parents and Guardians
All parents/ guardians must:-
- Encourage your child to learn the rules and participate within them.
- Discourage challenging / arguing with coaches.
- Publicly accept officials’ judgements.
- Pay any fees for training on time and before deadlines.
- Help your child to recognise good performance and the achievement. of personal excellence, not competition results.
- Set a good example by recognising good sportsmanship and applauding the good performances of all.
- Not display threatening or intimidating behaviour towards Leapz & Boundz Club gymnasts, staff, volunteers or other parent/guardians
- Never force your child to take part in sport.
- Always ensure your child is dressed appropriately for the activity and has plenty to drink.
- Keep the club informed if your child is ill or unable to attend sessions.
- Endeavour to establish good communications with the club, coaches and officials for the benefit of all.
- Share any concerns or complaints about any aspect of the club
- through the approved channels.
- Use correct and proper language at all times.
- Never punish or belittle a child for poor performance or making mistakes.
- Always collect your child promptly at the end of a session.
- Support your child’s involvement and help them to enjoy their sport.
- Follow all guidelines laid down by BG and Leapz & Bounds Gymnastics Club.
Leapz & Bounds Gymnastics Club Standards of Conduct for Participants
As a member of Leapz & Bounds Gymnastics Club you are expected to abide by the following club rules:-
- All gymnasts must participate within the rules and respect coaches, judges and their decisions.
- All gymnasts must respect fellow club members.
- Gymnasts should keep to agreed timings for training or inform their coach, if they are going to be late missing the warm up will result in non participation.
- Gymnasts must wear suitable attire for training. Please refer to the dress code for more information.
- Gymnasts must not smoke, consume alcohol or take drugs of any kind before, during or after a class.
- Gymnasts should treat all equipment with respect.
- Gymnasts must inform the head coach of any injuries or illness they may have before the warm-up begins.
- Gymnasts should not eat or chew gum during a session.
- Gymnasts must not use bad language.
- Gymnasts will not display threatening or intimidating behaviour.
- towards other members, Leapz & Bounds Gymnastics Club staff, volunteers or parent/guardians.
- Gymnasts should remain with coaches at the end of a session until collected by their parent or guardian.
Leapz & Bounds Gymnastics Club Standards of Conduct for Club Coaches.
The essence of good ethical conduct and practice is summarised below. All Club Coaches must:-
- Consider the well-being and safety of participants before the development of performance.
- Develop an appropriate working relationship with gymnasts based on mutual trust and respect.
- Hold the appropriate, valid qualifications and insurance cover.
- Make sure all activities are appropriate to the age, ability and experience of those taking part and ensure all participants are suitably prepared physically and mentally when learning new skills.
- Display consistently high standards of behaviour and appearance, dressing suitably and not using inappropriate language at any time whilst involved with club activities.
- Not display threatening or intimidating behaviour towards gymnasts, parents/guardians, other staff or volunteers.
- Never consume alcohol immediately before or during training.
- Obtain prior agreement from the parent/guardian of gymnasts before transporting them anywhere (training/competitions).
- Never exert undue influence over gymnasts to obtain personal benefit or reward.
- Always report any incidents, referrals or disclosures immediately, following the appropriate guidelines set out in the British Gymnastics Safeguarding and Protecting Children Policy.
- Never condone rule violations or use of prohibited substances.
- Make sure that confidential information is not divulged unless with the express approval of the individual concerned.
- Promote the positive aspects of the sport (e.g. fair play).
- Encourage gymnasts to value their performances and achievement of personal excellence.
- Follow all guidelines laid down by BG and Leapz & Boundz Gymnastics Club.